Sizzle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sizzle

Hot New Rap Forum

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Steven Gearrad Interview

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
irishrose
Admin
irishrose

Female
Number of posts : 567
Home : Land of Green & Gold
Humour : Funni crazy kind
Hobbies : writing poetry and laughing
Registration date : 2007-05-01

Steven Gearrad Interview Empty
PostSubject: Steven Gearrad Interview   Steven Gearrad Interview Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2007 11:31 am

Liverpoolfc.tv: So, Steven, it's AC Milan yet again in a European final.....

Obviously I'm really looking forward to it and I'm confident we can go there and bring the Cup back home. They're a fantastic team and we know it's going to be really difficult so we need to be right at the top of our game.

What did you make of Milan's display against Manchester United?

I was really surprised actually because I had confidence that United would go there and get the result they required. I thought it was going to be a Liverpool-Man United final but credit to Milan because they were excellent on the night and deserved to win the game.

Did you get the feeling the way they went about the game that they're desperate to win this competition this year to make amends for Istanbul?

I'm sure they do want to make amends because I'm sure Istanbul hurt them. They have a chance for revenge now but me and the boys are going to be ready for that and we're looking forward to it. They have some quality players like Gattuso who work really hard for the team but we'll be ready for them on the night. I'm confident we can beat them.

How excited are you at the prospect of leading Liverpool into another major final?

Obviously I'm very excited. I don't think it's sunk in yet and probably won't until we set off for Athens. We've got a couple of domestic games first before we start our preparations for the big final. We've got nothing to fear, we've been there and done it before, we've got a fantastic team spirit, the team is playing really well in Europe and we've got one of the best managers in the world so we have every confidence that we can do it.

How good was the performance to beat Chelsea and book your place in Athens?

It was a very good and a very mature performance. We didn't rush to score early, we were very careful and patient and eventually the goal came. You have to give this team a lot of credit for beating Chelsea over two legs because they are a superb team full of world class players. It's not just the Chelsea games either, you look back at the Barcelona performances and the games in the group stages and I have to give my teammates a lot of credit.

Gerrard on final
I don't think it's sunk in yet and probably won't until we set off for Athens. We've got a couple of domestic games first before we start our preparations for the big final. We've got nothing to fear, we've been there and done it before, we've got a fantastic team spirit, the team is playing really well in Europe and we've got one of the best managers in the world so we have every confidence that we can do it.
What have the celebrations been like since the final whistle?

We were relieved and the celebrations began straightaway. The dressing room was a great place to be that night because all the boys were really happy. A lot of hard work has gone into these Champions League performances and so when you're sitting there with a final to look forward to it makes all the extra runs, the tackles, the kicks and the bumps all worthwhile.

The ticket requests haven't started yet but I'm sure they will do really soon. That's part and parcel of reaching the European Cup final and I'm sure all the players will be looking after their family and friends and making sure they get to Greece okay.

How pleased are you for the fans who now have another massive occasion to look forward to?

They deserve it just as much as the players because they have followed us all over Europe again and given us fantastic support. They are there week in and week out backing the team. I don't have to talk about the atmosphere on Tuesday night because it was special and was up there alongside the last time we played Chelsea. They certainly helped us get over the line.

If it's anything like 2005 then you'll definitely have the majority of the support inside the Olympic Stadium...

I'd imagine so. I've seen what the ticket allocations are but somehow Liverpool fans always end up with more. Hopefully they'll give us the same support again and we can go on and win it for them.

How important is it to go on and win the competition again now?

We celebrated after the Chelsea game but we have to forget about that now. We've got two league games to play to make sure we finish third in the league and then we can try and get over that final hurdle in Athens.

How proud are you of all the players who have played a part in reaching Athens this season?

It's not about the people who've scored or about individuals, we've achieved what we have so far because we're all together. The subs who have come on, the players who played in the earlier rounds, they've all played their part.

What about a word for the manager who is proving himself to be something of a genius in Europe?

Rafa's CV speaks for itself and I don't have to tell you how good he is. There's no getting away from it, he's one of the best managers out there. We're just lucky and grateful that he's here and that he's our manager.

How reassuring is to have a manager who you know will put together a tactical plan to try and nullify the Milan threats?

We're aware of Milan's strengths and weaknesses and we'll watch a lot of tapes before the game to make sure our preparations are spot on. We'll go there and try to be really strong defensively like we have been in Europe. They've got top players but then so have we so there's every chance we can go there and win.

How pleased are you also for the new owners who have joined this amazing journey at just the right time?

It's great that the club is moving in the right direction and the future is certainly looking bright under the new owners, but I think David Moores also deserves a mention as well. We're all in it together, the chairman, the directors, the players and the supporters and we all deserve to be in the final. We just all have to pull together again and win this last game.

Did you speak to them after the Chelsea game?

They came in and got involved in the celebrations. They congratulated us which was great. It's important to have a connection between the players and the owners.

Tom Hicks has said he can never imagine Steven Gerrard playing for another club - is he right?

Of course. I'm in talks to extend my contract at Liverpool and I've never been happier with my football. I'd love nothing better than to get this contract sorted and signed, so I can understand where he's coming from. We need to keep all of our big players here so it's very important we get the contracts sorted out so they can be here for a long time.

In less than three weeks time you could be lifting the European Cup again. How does that sound?

To be honest I have thought about it but I know I need to concentrate on my game and on the job I need to do in the final. I need to help my teammates as well so I don't want to think too much about lifting the Cup because it might distract my preparations. Of course, though, it would be a great achievement.
Back to top Go down
https://sizzle.niceboard.com
gb617uk

gb617uk

Male
Number of posts : 377
Home : Where Your at ;-)
Humour : funny
Hobbies : playing guitar/music

PostSubject: Re: Steven Gearrad Interview   Steven Gearrad Interview Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2007 6:44 pm

being a chelsea fan ive nothing to say about steven gerraed..lol...good diver tho
Back to top Go down
irishrose
Admin
irishrose

Female
Number of posts : 567
Home : Land of Green & Gold
Humour : Funni crazy kind
Hobbies : writing poetry and laughing

PostSubject: Re: Steven Gearrad Interview   Steven Gearrad Interview Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2007 10:03 pm

feck off LOL

i wont eve start on chelsea guys!! hmm lol Razz
Back to top Go down
https://sizzle.niceboard.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steven Gearrad Interview   Steven Gearrad Interview Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Steven Gearrad Interview
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sizzle :: Your first category :: General Chat :: Cypher Corner :: Sport Fanatics-
Jump to: